It takes more than just sending a few emails to your users every month to generate good revenue. Email marketing requires an effective strategy that begins with email components to marketing automation.
Email marketing is considered one of the most effective marketing tools. Almost everybody has an email account. According to studies, 59% of B2B marketers believe email marketing one of the top channels to boost revenue. Email marketing is also the most cost-effective channel. But, how do we increase revenue for email marketing?
Table of Content
How to Sell through Email?
No matter what product or service you own, it is the value of it that is sold. The way you decide to market your product or service will help you get a customer.
The following tips will help you to market and sell through email.
- Content marketing: It is important to focus on selling an idea rather than your product. Add value and meaning to your product.
- Clear and catchy subject lines:Subject lines of the email is something that is read by the user as soon as the email hits their inbox. Make sure the subject line is short and convincing yet to the point.
- Interactive content: Try to deliver your information in an entertaining and fun way. You can also add images, videos, or GIFs to your email body.
- Tell stories: Convey your message with a compelling story.
- Share customer reviews: Let your users know about how the other customers feel about your product or service.
- Keep it short:Ideally, it should not take more than 30 seconds to read your email. If you have a longer message, mention links to your website where the customer would be able to read the whole message.
Including a Colorful CTA
Your CTA on your email should be accurate and prominent, regardless of what action your user is supposed to take. CTAs provide a straightforward and clear direction to the users.
Moreover, your users expect a CTA in your emails especially if your messages clearly mention that users are required to take further actions. Make sure your CTAs are clearly visible on your email body and redirects your reader to the accurate link on your website.
Apply Email Marketing Automation
As the name suggests, email marketing automation is a type of email that is sent automatically to your users and it does not require your intervention. After the emails are set, you can select criteria such as location, time, date, etc to trigger the workflow. According to the study, email automation 119% higher click rates can get than any other email. Moreover, email automation is known for increasing 18% more revenue than broadcast emails.
Email marketing automation is a trigger email that is sent to customers for numerous reasons. Some of them are sign-ups, opt-ins, opt-outs, subscriptions, after filling a form or survey, after writing a review, etc.
Email marketing automation is the most effective and cost-saving marketing strategy online and applying it to your email marketing will not only boost your revenue but also will increase brand reliability and value.
Optimize your Emails for Mobile
According to the study, 3 out of 5 people check emails on their mobiles and about 75% of Americans use their cell phones to check emails. An email created to be read on a computer might look bad on cell phones. So it is important that your emails are mobile-friendly. Remember these following quick tips to make your emails on mobile look appealing:
- Clean and simple images: The display of the mobile is smaller than that of a desktop. A clustered image will not only make the most of the email body on the mobile but also will decrease the visibility of the actual message.
- Shorter content: Try to minimize your content when you are optimizing your emails for mobiles.
Button CTAs: Use buttons as CTAs instead of links. This will make it easier for your user to click on it and also it will take less space. Make sure the CTAs you provide on the mobile-friendly emails should redirect the user to a mobile-friendly website and not the desktop website. It can make your user frustrated if the website does not render correctly on their mobiles.
More people prefer to check email through your mobile. This can majorly impact the decision of the user to take action or even to make a purchase. Your content can be all fancy and convincing for the reader to take actions however if your email is not fully and accurately optimized, it is going to have a negative impact on your email revenue.
Bonus Tips and Trick to Augment you Email Marketing Revenue
- Know your audience: This is the most important metric you need to consider if you are into any type of online marketing. It is the starting point of your online business after all. Segment and personalize your emails according to your audience and subscriber list.
- Be regular and consistent: People check their emails daily. Make sure your subscribers are updated with what’s going on with your brand. But be careful, you do not want to end up spamming your audience.
- Have a dedicated landing page for your campaign: If there is a specific campaign for your product or service, make sure you have a separate and dedicated landing page on your website. Include links or CTAs to the correct landing page.
Create a Custom Email Strategy Today!
Email marketing and email marketing automation is not as easy as it sounds. It takes a lot of patience and several levels of understanding. Everything depends on trial and error.
Starting email marketing can be overwhelming in the beginning. But our team is here to help you. We have a dedicated team at Viram Labs that can help you set up, optimize, and manage your email campaigns that will be specifically created to cater to your business goals and your audience.
Contact us to know more.